Monday, January 8, 2007

Artist Trading Cards

These are the 5 Trading cards that I have made for Dale Rollersons "Make 5 Take 5" swap in February".
The background is made using the off cuts from when I rolled hemmed some silk scarves for a friend .
I placed the bits onto a piece of gold metallic fabric and stitched it down with gold thread.The little tile is covered with some paper that I have dyed and I have attached them on with gold thread.
I then stitched around them using a narrow zigzag stitch to make them stand out a bit more.
Whoops I have just noticed one of them is missing the stitched border around the tile--I must fix that.
The colour has photographed a bit lighter than the true colour---

5 comments:

Linda’s Textiles said...

Hi Doreen,
Well done you! love the ATCs too.
Linda.

Dot said...

Hi Doreen
Love these ATC's! They are works of art. Beautiful colors.

gunnelsvensson said...

Hi Doreen!
i really love your ATC, they are beautiful!
Your ask about my orange 1x1 inch squares, and yes, they are only 1x1 inch! :-))

Downunderdale said...

Hi Doreen

Welcome to blogland -

cheers
Dale

Dianne said...

Beautiful ATC's - maybe I'll get to take one of these home in Feb!!?